WELCOME to Celebration!
If it’s been a long time since you have been to church, you are new to the area or you just want to check us out – Celebration Presbyterian Church welcomes you. We know there can be many questions or concerns when visiting a church for the first time. We encourage you to join us.
COME AS YOU ARE
You will see a wide variety of clothing styles. We are not concerned with what you are wearing, so please be comfortable and be yourself. Overall, most people are casually dressed.
We have several spaces reserved for visitor parking right in front of the main entrance. If these spaces are already filled, please park anywhere in our lot.
When you approach the main entrance, a Greeter will welcome you and will be happy to assist you in
finding your way inside.
WELCOME VISITOR’S TABLE
Please stop by our Visitor’s table. We’d love to provide you with information about our church and make you a name tag. If you would like, you can register your contact information with us.
From 10:30 until worship time, a time of fellowship in observed in the Narthex. Please have a cup of coffee or juice and enjoy a light snack. You will notice that we all are wearing name tags, and the Elders of the church are wearing blue name tags. We want to get to know you, so expect to be welcomed during this time of fellowship.
If you have a infant – 2 year old child, a nursery is provided. When you enter the church, the first door on your right is the nursery. Our loving staff and volunteers will be glad to watch your little one during worship.
Our worship service starts at 11:00 am and lasts approximately one hour.
As you enter the sanctuary, you will be given a bulletin that will help you with the order of worship. We also project the words to the songs we are singing, responsive readings, bible verses, and prayers onto the front wall of the sanctuary. You can chooses to read from the projected images, or use your bulletin, hymnal, and bible. You are welcome to sit anywhere there is an open seat.
We begin the service with the chiming of the hour.
The service will also include:
- Passing of the peace. Members and guests greet one another, hug or shake hands and say, ”The peace of Christ be with you.” “And also with you.”
- A children’s message. Kids are invited to come to the front steps for the message, then may attend Children’s Church for the remainder of the service.
- Prayers of the church and world. Prayer cards can be found in the pads on each pew. They may be filled out with any joys or concerns, and our Pastor will read them aloud and we will all pray together for these concerns. These prayers are then passed on to the prayer team in our church for prayer throughout the week.
- Several hymns sung by the congregation accompanied by the piano.
- Special music by the choir.
- One or two Bible passages are read aloud.
- A Minute for Mission where we hear about what’s happening in the church or opportunities for ministry.
- A challenging message from the pastor, talking about the intersection of Scripture and our lives.
- An offering and blessing.
The Lord’s Supper is served on the first Sunday of each month. ALL those present who have been baptized in any church or religion are welcome to partake in communion. You don’t have to be a member or even a Presbyterian, just an imperfect sinner like everyone else, seeking forgiveness. We observe communion in two ways: By intinction – ushers will escort the congregation by rows to the front of the church. One Elder will be holding a loaf of bread and another a cup of grape juice. You will tear off a piece of bread, dip it in the cup of juice, then partake. The second method, Elders will serve you at your seat. Each element is held until all have been served, then the congregation partakes together.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us.