We WELCOME YOU and invite you to become a member of Celebration Church. If you are new to this community, or you do not have a church home in Myrtle Beach, or if you are seeking a new church home, our doors and our faith community are open to you. If you would like the pastor or one of our elders to contact you concerning church membership, you may call the church office at (843) 903-0308, or fill out the form below.
Pasta With the Pastor – New Member Information and Lunch
We have frequent New Member lunches, which we call “Pasta with the Pastor”. There, you can learn more about the Presbyterian Faith, meet the Pastor and representatives from the Session, and have any questions you may have about Celebration answered. You will receive a New Member Information form to complete and a packet of information about our church and denomination, plus, you’ll enjoy a casual lunch and fellowship. Fill out the form below if you are interested in attending the next Pasta with the Pastor.
Becoming a Member
The only pre-requisite for joining any PC(U.S.A.) congregation is confessing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
Joining a church family is a very important life event. The Pastor, Staff, and Session of Celebration Presbyterian Church want to help you in making this commitment. Please let us know if we can assist you. Below are the ways you may join Celebration Presbyterian Church:
Transfer of Letter
Members of another Christian church may join Celebration Presbyterian Church by “transfer of letter of membership.” We will request the transfer of your “certificate of membership” from your current church.
Reaffirmation of Faith
Perhaps you have not been an active member of a church for a while. If so, you may join by “reaffirmation of faith.” You are asked to “reaffirm” the vows you first affirmed when you joined a church.
Profession of Faith
Perhaps you have never joined a church before. If not, you would be given the opportunity to join by “professing” the Christian Faith. Membership also includes the sacrament of Baptism. Anyone who has not yet been baptized, may simply receive the sacrament of Baptism at the time they are joining the church. We accept all previous Christian baptisms.
The Session will arrange to meet with you when you let us know that you are ready to join the church. When you meet with the Session, you will be asked to briefly share about your faith journey and to answer the following questions:
- Do you acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in the sight of God, justly deserving God’s displeasure, and without hope except in God’s sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and depend upon Christ alone for your salvation as offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Jesus Christ?
- Do you promise to serve Christ in the church by supporting and participating in its service to God and its ministry to others to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourself to the government and discipline of the church and promise to further its purity and peace?
The meeting with the Session is typically held prior to the worship service when you join the church. During worship, you will be called forward and asked the above questions. You will be welcomed into the congregation, and receive a certificate of membership.
Please complete the New Member Information Form and return it to the church office!